Thursday, August 4, 2011

You're Invited To A Birthday Party For...


Miss Anne Elliot!
Born: August 9th, 1787

When: Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 all day long
Where: Here at Old-Fashioned Charm
Who: All Jane Austen fans
What To Bring: Your sense of fun, love of Jane Austen and maybe a pretty party dress!

Anne Elliot is the only heroine whose date and year of birth are clearly given at the beginning of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Anne's quiet spirit and kind nature make her one of my favorite literary heroines, so when I remembered her birthday was coming up I decided to throw her a little surprise party!

On August 9th there will be special posts all day long. Some post themes will include:
  • Regency Music and Dance
  • Anne's Favorite Poetry
  • A Persuasion Trivia Quiz
  • Anne's Party Guests
  • Fun Polls to Answer
  • A Special Persuasion Giveaway!
So come along and join me in celebrating the birthday of our dear Anne Elliot!


Spread The News:


Old-Fashioned Charm


Check Out The Event Posts:
-Happy Birthday Miss Anne Elliot!
-Which Gift Will You Give Anne?
-Persuasion Facts Quiz
-Anne's Birthday Party & Guests
-Persuasion Music & Dance
-Anne's Favorite Poems
-Anne Elliot's Birthday Giveaway!


Very Truly Your's,

7 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Looks fun! Definitely adding this to Elegance of Fashion!

Mel said...

This sounds wonderful!
I can't wait to read the special posts and celebrate Anne's special day! She is such a lovely character!

Mel

Maria said...

That is such a cool idea! I'm taking the button.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

What a great idea! :) I can't wait for the party.

Melody said...

Woah! GREAT idea! Good thinking there Miss Laurie! :)
And I'll probably be in my Persuasion section too...how appropriate! :)

JaneGS said...

Didn't realize that Anne's birthday was actually given in Persuasion...guess, I'll have to reread it...again!

Nice of you to throw Anne a party. She's neglected so much of the time :)

Judit said...

What a great idea! I'm taking the button.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...