Friday, April 13, 2012

A Fair Maiden and Other Things



Isn't that painting lovely? Her Regency style dress and bonnet are so lovely!


Quotes from Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens:

"Is it better to have had a good thing and lost it, or never to have had it?“ 


"A heart well worth winning, and well won. A heart that, once won, goes through fire and water for the winner, and never changes, and is never daunted.“ 

"You could draw me to fire, you could draw me to water. You could draw me to the gallows, you could draw me to any death. You could draw me to anything I have most avoided, you could draw me to any exposure and disgrace.“ 



These are just a couple random things I wanted to share with you. My film review will be delayed a few days but I'll hopefully have a review of The Mystery of Edwin Drood (2012) for you soon after it airs Sunday on Masterpiece Theatre.  


Very Truly Your's,

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Hi! I'm a new reader.
Did you watch the newest adaptation of "Great Expectations" on "Masterpiece" by chance?

And, your blog is a lovely one! :)

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Elisa,
Welcome to Old-Fashioned Charm! Thanks for stopping by!
Yes, I have seen the new Great Expectations and reviewed it here: http://old-fashionedcharm.blogspot.com/2012/01/bbc-great-expectations-2011.html

I hope this is helpful and that you visit often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...