Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Today I Am...{1}

Morning Sun - Painted by Harold Knight
Well, I am back from my lovely weekend trip and had a nice Mother's Day with my dear mama. We have hit the ground running with errands and more sorting and packing. I'm finding I have little time for writing serious posts but Abby at Newly Impassioned Soul used this idea for a post (which she got from Jemimah at Beautiful Blank Pages) and I thought it might be a nice way to keep you updated on what I've been doing. Hopefully I'll be able to do a few of these types of posts in the coming weeks and also a few period drama related things as well.

Today I Am...
(and sort of This Weekend I Was...)

{writing}
Content for Jane Austen related guest posts - stay tuned, I'll keep you all posted on when and where to read them! :)

{reading}
E-mails and trying to catch up from this weekend. Also a blogging buddy sent me the first six chapters of her manuscript that I am slowly but surely making my way through.

{listening}
Yesterday at a thrift shop my mom found a CD entitled 'Cinema's Classic Romances' that has a selection of songs from various films. To my extreme delight the CD includes songs from mostly period dramas such as Emma (1996), Sense and Sensibility (1995), Pride and Prejudice (1995), Little Women (1994), Twelfth Night, Much Ado About Nothing, Wuthering Heights, Tess, Far From The Madding Crowd, two different Hamlet films and a couple other films I've not seen. What a find! :)

{watching}
Christian comedy in the van with my family on our recent trip. Tim Hawkins, Taylor Mason's clever ventriloquism, and other hilarious comedians on Thou Shalt Laugh 2! (I liked the two comedian's names above to my favorite video clips of their performances, enjoy!)

{looking}
This past weekend we drove past gorgeous mountains and even got to climb one for a little ways. Every time I see a picturesque lake or mountain this quote from Elizabeth Bennet come to mind: "What are men to rocks and mountains?" from Chapter 27 of Pride and Prejudice.  

{learning}
Daily to trust the Lord to bring about His answers in His own time. I often get worried and discouraged when the answer doesn't come right when I'm expecting it. I'm learning patience as I wait for His answer which might be an hour or a day later than I'd hoped for but His answers fit His timeline perfectly! :)

{feeling}
A bit tired as I've been getting up much earlier than I'm used to and each moment is filled with busyness. But I'm also feeling incredibly blessed as I watch God working all the details of our move and even just daily things out - most times before we even ask for them!

{anticipating}
Having a moving sale at the end of the month and working toward the goal of having a lot of things to sell and get rid of.

{wishing}
I'll be able to attend the Jane Austen Festival at Historic Locust Grove in Louisville, KY this July because I'll be living only an hour and a half north of there and it's on the days leading up to my birthday! Anyone planning on attending? It would be great fun to have a fellow Janeite to go with! :)

Bubble Green Tea - yummy!

{loving}
Bubble Green Tea from Ninety Nine restaurant! It's iced green tea with a splash of orange juice and the most delicious mango pearls are added. I had my first experience with this scrumptious concoction Sunday evening when we took my mom to eat for Mother's Day. The tea is so cool, light and refreshing and the mango pearls are so much fun to pop in your mouth! If you've never tried one you simply must very soon!


Very Truly Your's,

3 comments:

Eva said...

It's so nice to have you back in the blogging world! I need to do one of these posts soon. :)

Miss Dashwood said...

I missed you--so glad you're back again! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend and that iced tea looks so lovely and refreshing. I'm curious--what are "mango bubbles" made of?

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

Thank you ladies! :)

Amy,
Mango Pearls are made of a thin layer of gelatin on the outside and mango puree in the inside. When you bite down on the pearls they "pop" in your mouth! They are so much fun!
Here's a site that describes them and tells the ingredients: http://whitetoque.com/wholesale/fruit-purees/flavor-pearls/mango-pearls.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...