Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Is In The Air!


I don't know about y'all but this year I am so glad that Spring is finally here! Spring means new growth and changes.

As you may have noticed Old-Fashioned Charm has undergone some major changes today! Take a few minutes and explore! :)

List of Changes:

  • There's a new decor to reflect spring that includes a new header, background, buttons on the side bar, Link to Me button and a new color scheme. 
  • I've also changed OFC to just have one sidebar now and stripped away a lot of the clutter I had accumulated. 
  • There is now a Links page featuring links to all my favorite blogs and website! 
  • The Banners page has been updated to include extra special things with codes that you can use for your blog. 
  • All of my lovely award buttons have been moved to my About Me page. 
  • And you can now find My Blog Followers link at the bottom of the page. 

I always like to take a few seconds to remember the last blog theme. Here's the one for January-February 2013:

Header

Background

Banner - retired to the Banners page
Blog Button - Retired to the Blog Buttons page
Button retired to the Banners page
Comments button retired to the Banners page
Comments button retired to the Banners page


My new header and comments button are photos from Downton Abbey Season One but I liked them mostly because they are just so English Rose and spring-y!


What do you think of the new design?

Are you able to find everything all right or is there something that's missing?


13 comments:

Melody said...

Your blog design is refreshingly beautiful my dear! :)

Haha, my mouth dropped open when I saw the teacup picture on your sidebar--I saw one almost EXACTLY like that just the other day at an antique mall! Came close to buying it, too, and would have if it had been a few dollars less, or if I had any income. Haha.

Collar City Brownstone said...

I love your new blog design. OMG, it is LOVELY!!!!!

Simply Shelley said...

I think your blog is very lovely....I noticed the look right away. I love the banner and the hat the young girl is wearing....blessings

Hayden said...

I LOVE the new header!

The Reader said...

Your blog looks amazing!!! You have done such a nice job!!! How did you get the header at the top with the Old Fashioned Charm to look like that? I'm new to blogging and haven't quite learned how to do everything!!:)

Katelyn said...

I love the new background! Did you make it or get off another website?

Bekah said...

Gorgeous, as always, m'dear!

Collar City Brownstone said...

The font that you used for your header is gorgeous.

Analiese said...

Beautiful header, backround etc., Laurie! I always enjoy coming to your blog because you decorate it so tastefully. :D Have a lovely week!

Jessica said...

I just love your Spring blog design! Beautiful and inspiring. :-) Spring is my favorite season. My birthday is in May, so I loved Spring as a little girl, too.

The teacup and saucer on your sidebar is so pretty! I have some that are similar in my collection. ;-)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Charming! I've been toying with the idea of doing a new look for my Soliloquy too... maybe seeing yours every time I visit will inspire me!

Elisa said...

Love the "Downton Abbey" related theme! I have a miniature "Old Country Roses" design teacup and tea pot by Royal Albert on my desk.

birdienl said...

I really love your new design! I'm also looking forward to Spring very much. We haven't had a great deal of good weather here in The Netherlands yet, it's still close to freezing and mostly clouded....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...