Friday, May 30, 2014

Rewriting Emma - Quote Game - Answers!


These are the answers to the Rewriting Emma - Quote Game that I posted a couple weeks ago. Sorry it took so long to post these but only Melody played so I'm sure she will forgive me.


Rewritten Emma Quotes:

Quote #1
Rewritten Quote: "I always demand the finest treatment, because I never put up with any other." - Emma Woohouse

Original Quote: "I always deserve the best treatment, because I never put up with any other." - Emma Woohouse

~*~


Quote #2
Rewritten Quote: "I do not know whether it ought to be so, but frivilous things do cease to be frivilous if they are done by sensible people in an audacious way. Evilness is always evilness, but folly is not always folly." - Emma Woodhouse

Original Quote: "I do not know whether it ought to be so, but silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way. Wickedness is always wickedness, but folly is not always folly." - Emma Woodhouse

~*~


Quote #3
Rewritten Quote: "One quarter of the world cannot discern the delights of the other." - Emma Woodhouse

Original Quote: "One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." - Emma Woodhouse

~*~


Quote #4
Rewritten Quote: "Business, you know, may bring wealth, but companionship hardly ever does. - John Knightley

Original Quote: "Business, you know, may bring money, but friendship hardly ever does. - John Knightley

~*~


Quote #5
Rewritten Quote: "It was a pleasant visit; -- perfect, in being much too brief." - Jane Austen

Original Quote: "It was a delightful visit; -- perfect, in being much too short." - Jane Austen

~*~


Quote #6
Rewritten Quote: "I have beheld, Mrs Elton, in the course of my life, that if things are going unwell one month, they are sure to rectify the next." - Mr. Weston

Original Quote: "I have observed, Mrs Elton, in the course of my life, that if things are going untoward one month, they are sure to mend the next." - Mr. Weston

~*~


Quote #7
Rewritten Quote: "Seldom, very seldom, does complete sincerity belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little camouflaged or a little misled." - Jane Austen

Original Quote: "Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised or a little mistaken." - Jane Austen

~*~


Quote #8
Rewritten Quote: "Ah! There is nothing like lounging at home, for real happiness. Nobody can be more faithful to home than I am." - Mrs. Elton

Original Quote: "Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort. Nobody can be more devoted to home than I am." - Mrs. Elton

~*~


Quote #9
Rewritten Quote: "Men of wisdom, whatever you may chuse to say, do not want crazy brides." - Mr. Knightley

Original Quote: "Men of sense, whatever you may chuse to say, do not want silly wives." - Mr. Knightley

~*~


Quote #10
Rewritten Quote: "There are folks, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for others." - Jane Austen

Original Quote: "There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves." - Jane Austen

~*~


Quote #11
Rewritten Quote: "If I adored you less, I might be able to speak about it more. But you know what I am. You hear everything but truth from me. I have blamed you, and lextured you, and you have borne it as no other female in Scotland would have borne it." - Mr. Knightley

Original Quote: "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. But you know what I am. You hear nothing but truth from me. I have blamed you, and lectured you, and you have borne it as no other woman in England would have borne it." - Mr. Knightley

~*~


Quote #12
Rewritten Quote: "Why not grab the pleasure at once? How often is happiness ruined by preparation, stupid preparation!" - Frank Churchill

Original Quote: "Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!" - Frank Churchill

~*~


Player's Score:
Melody - 29 points (out of 35 points)




1 comment:

Naomi Pitts said...

Sorry, I didn't play because I didn't know ANY of the answers. Shocking, I know. :P
At least Melody played :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...